Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ginny's little WEEKEND projects!

(I should preface this post with the following advice: DO NOT EVER PAINT WITH RED!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER! UNLESS YOU ARE IN TOTAL LOVE WITH THE PAINTING PROCESS AND LIVE TO PAINT WALLS!!!)





I have a bad, yes-->really really bad, reputation for planning these "little" projects that won't be too much trouble and can probably be done in a weekend! (I personally think it is a genetic problem but everyone has to be their own judge of that...*ROFL*) SO (next is the background to this tale-->you need it to FULLY understand the events described here today) when we bought the money-pit I immediately wanted to change the kitchen b/c of the awful (COMPLETELY AWFUL) wallpaper.....the layout is also not great and the "REAL" kitchen remodel will cost >$40K if I EVER do it the way I dream of doing it which involves tearing out virtually everything and starting over :D

OK--->so being the complicated but ingenious girl that I am I dreamed up a "little" kitchen upgrade that was (supposedly) cost efficient and quick to do that would allow me to "live" with the kitchen until we can afford to do what I want with it!!! *heehee* Now all of you who know me are likely doubled up on the floor laughing at this point but the story goes on....

As a sidenote---> my gracious (& completely CRAZY) parents agreed to come help with my "little" project (they are gluttons for punishment since they JUST experienced a "little" weekend project that nearly killed us all sometime in early June *GASP*) (*cough*cough* the "little" patio/french drain installation that included the rental of a hole digging device we nearly got stuck permanently in the MUD we made with it is truly another story all together!!!)

Well, I digress---->I will skip the middle of the story and continue on to the end! I will leave the details in between to the pictures and your imaginations!

THE FABULOUS NEWS IS: 1)I LOVE THE "LITTLE" KITCHEN UPDATE, 2)my husband did not leave me, 3)my parents still say they love me, 4)Dad's return home was ONLY rescheduled twice[day 5 & day 9] and 5)BUNKO night was a success!!!!!

OH BOY!! I forgot to mention that there was a hurricane inserted into the story on about day 4 and the total number of coats of paint on the wall is 6!!

HERE ARE A FEW SHOTS OF BEFORE:



DURING:



This was the moment near which divorce was a better possibility than finishing the job! *heehee*


AND THE BIG REVEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

MississippiZen said...

It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in person!

Glad that no divorces took place, no disownments took place, and you didn't end up with pink walls :)

M

Jeff said...

Holy Shit! That looks Freakin AWESOME!!!!! Love the color! Love the whole thing! WOW! I think I need to hire Malwitz/McCoy Contracting Company to do some "Little" projects of my own! Wow! That is about all I have words for! Wow! 9000% better...