Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our voting ADVENTURE!

Some of you, my friends out in bloggy land, know my PROCRASTINATING ways! :) So I probably don't need to say that even after a bit over a year in Texas...the hubby and I have NOT changed our voter registration and driver's licenses. Yea....yea...I KNOW about the 30 day deadline to become an official TEXAN! I'm really a rule breaker at heart! *heehee* [and YES, I hear you wondering if I am aware of absentee voting....there was a deadline I missed for that too! *rofl*]

SO then comes the problem of voting in this HISTORIC-no-matter-which-way-it-goes election!! I really do cherish my right to vote and believe we should USE it! EVEN IF it requires taking a day off of work for a 14 hour roundtrip home to cast the ballot!

WE HAD A GREAT DAY!! I was getting homesick anyway! :) We had a fantastic (albeit short) visit with Mom & Dad in the middle of the night and EARLY the next morn, a quick but good phone call with my little bro, a frosty mugged rootbeer with a chili-cheese-artery-clogging-loaded-with-onion-burger for lunch, a nice visit with the poll workers that included my 3rd grade teacher, Jeff's kindergarten teacher/our favorite bus driver, & two past band chaperones from the bandnerd dayz, a LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG drive with NO ARGUING beside my sweetie, a terrific dinner at an old favorite in Lake Charles before we hit the not-so-good-seafood border of Texas---->OH YEAH--AND we VOTED!!! :)
If anyone is looking for a good meal....we've been fans of this place since it was a "hole-in-the-wall" on Hwy. 14

YUMMY!!

Scenes from the swamp :)

A barge on the Atchafalaya

No comments: